4 Milne Street
06 322 8069
We are genuine rural general store servicing all the requirements of our local community.
This store has been trading in Hunterville since 1904 and has been 'shaped by the district' that it serves.
We sponsor and contribute to all facets of this community and are very proud of our history and the place that we take within our community.
Hunterville was established in 1884 and takes its name from George Hunter who walked from Wellington and placed a peg on the site.
The village has a population of just over 440 and services the numerous farms in the district, many of which are still in the hands of the original settlers' families. There are a number of shops in the village as well as two pubs, a café and the Hunterville & Districts Settlers Museum.
* Amount raised and number of customers value is an estimate based on the number of members that have elected to donate their discount.